+49 (0)152 235 239 59
We have a festival helpline. If you have experienced or witnessed an assaultive situation, feel uncomfortable or have questions about barriers, locations and times, we are available by phone during the festival from one hour before to thirty minutes after the daily programme.
BARRIERS IN THE FESTIVAL
DEPOT is an officially certified barrier-free cultural venue, so in addition to barriers for people with walking disabilities and wheelchair users, we can also provide information here about barriers for people with hearing disabilities or deaf people, people with visual impairments and blind people and people with cognitive impairments. For other venues, we only have information on barriers for people with walking impairments and wheelchair users. However, we will try to provide information on an individual basis and obtain the necessary information if required. We are in a permanent process of development to be able to increasingly recognise barriers, to reduce them and to become more sensitive to barriers.
If we don’t notice barriers that prevent you from taking part in a production, we would be very grateful to receive feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes on, for example, high volume, strobe lights or sensitive content can be found under the respective productions.
We have free seating for all productions. If you are a wheelchair user and would like to book tickets for yourself and a companion, please let us know at email@example.com. We will escort you to your seat. We will accompany you to your seat on site.
Some work cannot be facilitated barrier-free. This is indicated at the events on our website and also described below.
Mittelhalle, Galerie, Parzelle, Studio 2 und Theater im Depot
Address: Immermannstraße 29, 44147 Dortmund
Underground station: Immermannstraße/Klinikzentrum Nord
10-20 minutes from main station by underground, then 5 minutes (walking) way
Attention: Dortmund Central Station is currently under reconstruction, please check with DB if necessary to find out what barriers currently exist.
There is a marked parking space for people with disabilities (space size: 350cm x 550cm) at the depot. The path from the car park to the entrance is 10m long.
The Depot is a certified barrier-free cultural venue. The central hall (Mittelhalle) as well as the theatre and the depot (restaurant) have wheelchair access.
Disabled toilets are located in the depot.
- The depot is accessible without steps.
- All rooms and facilities that can be used and raised for guests are accessible without steps or via ramps.
- The ramps in the central area of the “Multifunctional Hall” have a maximum gradient of up to 9% and a total length of 130 metres.
- All doors/passages that can be used by guests and are raised are at least 90 cm wide.
- The cash desks are at least 110 cm high, the cinema cash desk has a lowered counter that is 78 cm high.
Public WC for people with disabilities:
- The movement areas are:
- in front of/behind the door at least 125 cm x 140 cm;
- in front of the WC 220 cm x 140 cm;
- in front of the washbasin 220 cm x 150 cm;
- to the left and right of the WC at least 90 cm x 59 cm.
- There are grab rails to the left and right of the WC. The grab rails can be folded up.
- The washbasin is accessible from below.
- The mirror can be viewed while standing or sitting.
- There is an alarm trigger.
People with hearing impairment or deaf people
- There is no visually clearly perceptible alarm.
- There is no inductive hearing system.
- In the restaurant (depot), there are tables with bright and glare-free lighting where there are no lamps or hanging lamps that interfere with the field of vision or eye contact..
People with visual impairment and blind people
- Assistance dogs may be brought into all relevant areas/rooms.
- The entrance is not visually contrasting, but is recognisable by a tactilely perceptible change of flooring.
- All raised areas that can be used by the guest are well lit, i.e. bright and glare-free.
- There are no visually contrasting or tactilely detectable floor indicators.
- The signage is designed in legible and high-contrast lettering.
- The font of the menu in the restaurant is designed in a straightforward and high-contrast font.
- Information is not available in Braille or prismatic writing.
People with cognitive impairments
- The name or logo of the depot is clearly recognisable from the outside.
- The destinations of the paths are within sight or there are path signs at a constantly visible distance.
- There is no colour or pictorial guidance system.
- There is no menu with pictures and the food is not visibly presented (buffet, counter).
- There is no information in plain language.
- Information is not presented with pictograms or pictures.
Further detailed information on the Middle Hall, Gallery, Plot, Studio 2 and Theatre in the Depot can be found in the audit report.
Kobi room in the Depot
Door threshold/step that cannot be crossed by severely impaired people without assistance (e.g. with a rollator or wheelchair). The depot toilets can be used and are described above under Depot.
Address: Europabrunnen, Kleppingstraße, 44135 Dortmund, Germany.
Underground stop: Reinoldikirche, from there approx. one minute (walk) to the Europabrunnen.
From Dortmund main station: approx. 10 minute underground ride. Attention: The Dortmund main station is currently under reconstruction. If necessary, please ask the DB what barriers currently exist.
There is a multi-storey car park in the immediate vicinity: Kuckelke 3, 44135 Dortmund.
MKK – Museum für Kunst und Kulturgeschichte Dortmund
Address: Hansastraße 3, 44137 Dortmund
6 minutes (on foot) from Dortmund main station. Attention: The Dortmund main station is currently under reconstruction, please check with the DB if necessary which barriers currently exist.
Parking facilities: Alte Post multi-storey car park, Königswall 1, 44137 Dortmund.
The premises of the MKK are barrier-free accessible. They are located on the ground floor. A WC for wheelchair users is located in the immediate vicinity of the exhibition space. The museum does not have its own parking spaces. There is a multi-storey car park not far from the museum: Parkhaus Alte Post, Königswall 1, 44137 Dortmund.
Taranta Babu – Kulturhaus
Address: Humboldtstraße 44, 44137 Dortmund
Underground stop: Städtische Kliniken, 10-15 min (walk) from Dortmund Hauptbahnhof (main station)
15 min (walk) from Dortmund main station. Attention: Dortmund Hauptbahnhof is currently under reconstruction, please contact DB for information on current barriers.
Amalienstraße multi-storey car park, Amalienstraße 10, 44137 Dortmund
There is a step at the entrance to Taranta Babu. There is no barrier-free toilet, but there is a level toilet in the Taranta Babu library – the dimensions can be requested if necessary. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Schauspiel Dortmund: Studio 1 und Institut
Address: Theaterkarree 1-3, 44137 Dortmund
Underground stop: Stadtgarten. Approx. 10 minutes ride from Dortmund main station. Please note: Dortmund Hauptbahnhof is currently under reconstruction, please check with DB if necessary to find out what barriers currently exist. Approx. 15 minutes (on foot) from Dortmund main station to Schauspiel Dortmund.
Disabled parking spaces are available in Kuhstraße/Theaterkarree, Hiltropwall and in the multi-storey car parks.
The Dortmund Theatre has level access and disabled toilets in all venues.
The performance starts at Depot Dortmund and includes a shuttle bus ride to Bochum. The performance ends in Bochum. Afterwards it is possible to take the shuttle back to the Depot Dortmund.
The shuttle bus and the route during the entire performance are not barrier-free.
Nobody‘s There: Büro im Salon Atelier/ Private Wohnungen
Accessibility in the private flats can be requested by registering with the production team:
Office of ,nobody’s there‘:
Adlerstraße 66, 44137 Dortmund
Underground stop: Heinrichstraße
(Un)Learning Perspectives – Walks
There will be walks through Dortmund city centre/Nordstadt.
Please ask for information about the routes at email@example.com.
Sag‘ mir erst, wie alt du bist
The participatory performance will take place on 17 and 18.9 at the Depot (see above under Depot). And on 24 and 25.9 at the Dietrich-Keuning-Haus.
Dietrich-Keuning-Haus: Leopoldstraße 50-58, 44147 Dortmund
From Dortmund main station: approx. 15 minutes (on foot)
Underground stop: Leopoldstraße. Attention: The Dortmund main station is currently under reconstruction. If necessary, please contact the DB to find out what barriers currently exist.
Parking possibility: E.g. underground car park HBF Dortmund: Bahnhofstraße 15
The performance will take place in a mobile home, so the piece is not wheelchair accessible.
There will be an audio description for the production Revenants (15.09., 21:00h). Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The digital work Tiefeneruption (available in the Mediathek from 15.09.2022) is interpreted in German sign language.
Hex Pistols and Das verkommene Land will be provided with English surtitles.